From: David Nebenzahl on
[Using r.p.e.35mm for its intended purpose--discussions of 35mm FILM
cameras]

So has anyone used this Bluefire "Police" film? See
http://www.frugalphotographer.com/catBluefire.htm

Is this basically the same as the Gigabit stuff? Is it any good? Is it
worth messing with?


--
Who needs a junta or a dictatorship when you have a Congress
blowing Wall Street, using the media as a condom?

- harvested from Usenet
From: Peter Irwin on
In rec.photo.equipment.35mm David Nebenzahl <nobody(a)but.us.chickens> wrote:
> [Using r.p.e.35mm for its intended purpose--discussions of 35mm FILM
> cameras]
>
> So has anyone used this Bluefire "Police" film? See
> http://www.frugalphotographer.com/catBluefire.htm
>
> Is this basically the same as the Gigabit stuff? Is it any good? Is it
> worth messing with?

I haven't tried that one, but as far as I know all such things
are high speed source document microfilms plus some variation
on POTA developer.

If you can find someone to sell you a modest quantity of
Agfa Copex or Kodak Imagelink films in 35mm double perf,
you could do it a lot cheaper. Most microfilm sellers seem
to want to sell film by the case, and I'm not aware of anyone
who will currently sell me a single 100 foot roll. It is very
cheap by the case, and I wish B&H or someone would sell a single
100 foot roll for double their cost, but they don't.

16mm film and unperforated 35 is easier to find in small
quantities, but the perforated stuff that fits our cameras
seems to be the least common of the standard formats for microfilming.

Peter.
--
pirwin(a)ktb.net

From: Murray on
David Nebenzahl wrote:
> [Using r.p.e.35mm for its intended purpose--discussions of 35mm FILM
> cameras]
>
> So has anyone used this Bluefire "Police" film? See
> http://www.frugalphotographer.com/catBluefire.htm
>
> Is this basically the same as the Gigabit stuff? Is it any good? Is it
> worth messing with?
>
>
It is the same as Gigabit - Agfa Copex Rapid. There is a recommended
developer, a so-called 'variation' on the Holden & Weichert formula
of 35 years ago. You can make that yourself (I did) and if you
make the active ingredient part with glycol/glycerol/brake fluid
(yes!) it will keep fine in the fridge. Just make sure you
remember how much of what goes with that to get the final
dilution. The numbers are weird.
As to what to do with it depends if you're a 'grainless' friek.
There is none. But it can still be hard to get pictorial
results. The phenidone can cause banding of areas of almost
constant tone, such as skies. Damned irritating.
I bought a can of 35mm, and 16mm for the Minoltas/Kiev miniature
cameras and still have a bunch.
There are those who swear by C41 developer. Haven't been
down that road yet but am considering Dignan's split C41
formula for just this film. Got the makin's just haven't
done it yet. Lots of cameras and film - so little time.
:-) Good luck you will get lots of experience with occult
developer formulae.
Murray
From: Thor Lancelot Simon on
In article <1vKdnQxfq51jmHbXnZ2dnUVZ_hOdnZ2d(a)westnet.com.au>,
Murray <me(a)erewhon.com.au> wrote:
>
>As to what to do with it depends if you're a 'grainless' friek.
>There is none. But it can still be hard to get pictorial
>results. The phenidone can cause banding of areas of almost
>constant tone, such as skies. Damned irritating.

I wonder whether, at this late date, it would be possible to persuade
Kodak to divulge the formula for Technidol.

--
Thor Lancelot Simon tls(a)rek.tjls.com
"Even experienced UNIX users occasionally enter rm *.* at the UNIX
prompt only to realize too late that they have removed the wrong
segment of the directory structure." - Microsoft WSS whitepaper
From: David Nebenzahl on
On 10/30/2009 8:17 AM Thor Lancelot Simon spake thus:

> In article <1vKdnQxfq51jmHbXnZ2dnUVZ_hOdnZ2d(a)westnet.com.au>,
> Murray <me(a)erewhon.com.au> wrote:
>
>> As to what to do with it depends if you're a 'grainless' friek.
>> There is none. But it can still be hard to get pictorial results.
>> The phenidone can cause banding of areas of almost constant tone,
>> such as skies. Damned irritating.
>
> I wonder whether, at this late date, it would be possible to persuade
> Kodak to divulge the formula for Technidol.

Hmm; Richard M? Any thoughts?


--
Who needs a junta or a dictatorship when you have a Congress
blowing Wall Street, using the media as a condom?

- harvested from Usenet