From: David J. Littleboy on

"nospam" <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:
> David J. Littleboy wrote:
>>
>> Inversely, the Bayer idea is one of the most brilliant ideas of the 20th
>> century. And all people do is complain.
>
> mainly because they don't understand how it actually works.

Even worse; they don't realize that it does work; they're so busy theorizing
and complaining that they don't look at the images. Sheesh.
David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan



From: Skip on
"David J. Littleboy" <davidjl(a)gol.com> wrote in message
news:euq27u$ol3$1(a)nnrp.gol.com...
>
> "Skip" <shadowcatcher(a)cox.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> Not that I wouldn't like to see a Nikon with a Foveon sensor...
>>>
>> I wouldn't. Something that like a Foveon in concept, but better in
>> execution, yes. I heard rumors early last year that Oly and Canon were
>> working on a layered pixel sensor, independent of each other, but I've
>> not heard anything since.
>
> Measuring three colors at each point costs you sqrt(3) in dynamic range
> and noise and makes raw files three times larger.
>
> The math tells you that the actual increase in luminance resolution is
> tiny, and the physiology of the human eye tells you that only a
> Foveon-equipped robot could actually perceive the difference in color
> resolution.
>
> Basically, measuring three colors at each point really isn't a good idea.
>
> Inversely, the Bayer idea is one of the most brilliant ideas of the 20th
> century. And all people do is complain.
>
> David J. Littleboy
> Tokyo, Japan
>
>
You don't get any complaints from me...

--
Skip Middleton
www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
www.pbase.com/skipm


From: Thomas T. Veldhouse on
nospam <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:
> FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
>
> 37 Megapixel Direct Image Sensor brings the revolutionary patented
> Foveon X3 Full-Color Technology to Nikon's forthcoming full frame
> Digital SLR, the Nikon D3F.
>

You wasted a lot of time on this silly joke.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse
Key Fingerprint: D281 77A5 63EE 82C5 5E68 00E4 7868 0ADC 4EFB 39F0


From: J. Clarke on
Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
> nospam <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:
>> FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
>>
>> 37 Megapixel Direct Image Sensor brings the revolutionary patented
>> Foveon X3 Full-Color Technology to Nikon's forthcoming full frame
>> Digital SLR, the Nikon D3F.
>>
>
> You wasted a lot of time on this silly joke.

Not nearly as much as Google did on _their_ April Fool joke. And then
there was Trump's . . .

--
--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)


From: Thomas T. Veldhouse on
J. Clarke <jclarke.usenet(a)cox.net> wrote:
> Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
>> nospam <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:
>>> FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
>>>
>>> 37 Megapixel Direct Image Sensor brings the revolutionary patented
>>> Foveon X3 Full-Color Technology to Nikon's forthcoming full frame
>>> Digital SLR, the Nikon D3F.
>>>
>>
>> You wasted a lot of time on this silly joke.
>
> Not nearly as much as Google did on _their_ April Fool joke. And then
> there was Trump's . . .
>

While the OPs wasn't all that funny or unanticipated, I am interested to find
out what Google's and Trump's joke was ;-)

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse
Key Fingerprint: D281 77A5 63EE 82C5 5E68 00E4 7868 0ADC 4EFB 39F0


First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Prev: low light
Next: Bayer filter removal