From: Gary Eickmeier on
Eat "you are" heart out? What kind of pidgin English is that?

Gary Eickmeier


From: John McWilliams on
Neil Harrington wrote:
> "Rita Berkowitz" <ritaberk2008(a)aol.com> wrote in message
> news:UuSdnYyrY8ErGRbVnZ2dnUVZ_rjinZ2d(a)supernews.com...

>> I think it has more to due with updating existing auction description
>> templates than anything else. It's best to give the perception...
<< Snipped bits out >>
>> what your perception now is.

All about deception.
>
> In the case of the wrist strap of course, their usual $8.00 shipping charge
> is ridiculous. It's a 0.2-ounce (I just weighed it) item in its little
> glassine envelope that they simplymail out in another envelope. Much I as
> like Cameta I've always thought their shipping charges rather high
> (compared, say, to Adorama), but $8 shipping for this is just silly. I
> presume they have some fixed "& handling" charge internally to which they
> just add the actual shipping.


Could be the other way around, but whatever, it's a gouge.

It'd be interesting if "Rita" gives a straightforward reply to your
query about 75 pounds shipping! I bet he's never shipped anything
anywhere close to that.

--
john mcwilliams
From: tony cooper on
On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 08:57:22 -0700, John McWilliams
<jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote:

>
>It'd be interesting if "Rita" gives a straightforward reply to your
>query about 75 pounds shipping! I bet he's never shipped anything
>anywhere close to that.

Rita sells surplus/recycled industrial and computer items. The 70#
figure is very understandable for that market.

She probably won't provide a reply because she'd rather have you
dancing around guessing. But you know that, so you're just dancing
for the exercise. Right?


--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: John McWilliams on
tony cooper wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 08:57:22 -0700, John McWilliams
> <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> It'd be interesting if "Rita" gives a straightforward reply to your
>> query about 75 pounds shipping! I bet he's never shipped anything
>> anywhere close to that.
>
> Rita sells surplus/recycled industrial and computer items. The 70#
> figure is very understandable for that market.
>
> She probably won't provide a reply because she'd rather have you
> dancing around guessing. But you know that, so you're just dancing
> for the exercise. Right?

Tony, you are simply amazing: Insightful, perceptive, even poignant!

Since you seem to know so much about our little Rita, how come you can't
grok that she's a he? Also, did he lead you here, or did you find rpd
all by yourself?

--
lsmft
From: George Kerby on



On 7/27/08 3:31 PM, in article d1mp84puasmfivp0rbjo3tke5q8mokgpfj(a)4ax.com,
"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 11:58:46 -0700, John McWilliams
> <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> tony cooper wrote:
>>> On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 08:57:22 -0700, John McWilliams
>>> <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>>>
>>>> It'd be interesting if "Rita" gives a straightforward reply to your
>>>> query about 75 pounds shipping! I bet he's never shipped anything
>>>> anywhere close to that.
>>>
>>> Rita sells surplus/recycled industrial and computer items. The 70#
>>> figure is very understandable for that market.
>>>
>>> She probably won't provide a reply because she'd rather have you
>>> dancing around guessing. But you know that, so you're just dancing
>>> for the exercise. Right?
>>
>> Tony, you are simply amazing: Insightful, perceptive, even poignant!
>>
>> Since you seem to know so much about our little Rita, how come you can't
>> grok that she's a he? Also, did he lead you here, or did you find rpd
>> all by yourself?
>
> It's kinda creepy.
>
"It" ('Rita') *IS* that, for sure!

And you are kinda lost...