From: Kinon O'Cann on

"Rita � Berkowitz" <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote in message
news:13eh7ot9l0a4pc2(a)news.supernews.com...
> No wonder Canon shooters prefer this lens to the 85/1.2L II. Seems like
> the
> old Nikkor strikes fear into the dSLR community again! The old dog does
> it
> again.

I've never used any of the Canon or Nikon 85mm lenses, but I can tell you
I'd prefer the Canon 85 over the Nikon, without question.


From: John Smith on
If you've never used either of them, how can you have a preference?


"Kinon O'Cann" <y(a)hoo.com> wrote in message
news:TNxGi.315$C8.282(a)bos-service2b.ext.ray.com...
>
> "Rita � Berkowitz" <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote in message
> news:13eh7ot9l0a4pc2(a)news.supernews.com...
>> No wonder Canon shooters prefer this lens to the 85/1.2L II. Seems like
>> the
>> old Nikkor strikes fear into the dSLR community again! The old dog does
>> it
>> again.
>
> I've never used any of the Canon or Nikon 85mm lenses, but I can tell you
> I'd prefer the Canon 85 over the Nikon, without question.
>


From: Wolfgang Weisselberg on
John Smith <JohnSmith(a)aol.com> wrote:
> "Kinon O'Cann" <y(a)hoo.com> wrote in message
>> "Rita � Berkowitz" <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote in message

>>> No wonder Canon shooters prefer this lens to the 85/1.2L II. Seems
>>> like the old Nikkor strikes fear into the dSLR community again! The
>>> old dog does it again.

>> I've never used any of the Canon or Nikon 85mm lenses, but I can tell you
>> I'd prefer the Canon 85 over the Nikon, without question.

> If you've never used either of them, how can you have a preference?

Most probably the Nikkor won't autofocus nor have the aperture
controllable by his camera ... which can be pretty important in
some situations, especially with todays ground glass screens and
their suitability for manual focussing.

-Wolfgang
From: Floyd L. Davidson on
"John Smith" <JohnSmith(a)aol.com> wrote:
>If you've never used either of them, how can you have a preference?

Weight. He was going to throw it at "Rita"...

I'd chose the Canon one for that purpose myself.

>"Kinon O'Cann" <y(a)hoo.com> wrote in message
>news:TNxGi.315$C8.282(a)bos-service2b.ext.ray.com...
>>
>> "Rita � Berkowitz" <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote in message
>> news:13eh7ot9l0a4pc2(a)news.supernews.com...
>>> No wonder Canon shooters prefer this lens to the 85/1.2L II. Seems like
>>> the
>>> old Nikkor strikes fear into the dSLR community again! The old dog does
>>> it
>>> again.
>>
>> I've never used any of the Canon or Nikon 85mm lenses, but I can tell you
>> I'd prefer the Canon 85 over the Nikon, without question.
>>

--
Floyd L. Davidson <http://www.apaflo.com/floyd_davidson>
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska) floyd(a)apaflo.com
From: John Smith on
Oh no, did I fall for another fake poster here?
Is "Rita" really that annoying "Annika" that was here a few years ago?



"Floyd L. Davidson" <floyd(a)apaflo.com> wrote in message
news:87642dypl2.fld(a)apaflo.com...
> "John Smith" <JohnSmith(a)aol.com> wrote:
>>If you've never used either of them, how can you have a preference?
>
> Weight. He was going to throw it at "Rita"...
>
> I'd chose the Canon one for that purpose myself.
>
>>"Kinon O'Cann" <y(a)hoo.com> wrote in message
>>news:TNxGi.315$C8.282(a)bos-service2b.ext.ray.com...
>>>
>>> "Rita � Berkowitz" <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote in message
>>> news:13eh7ot9l0a4pc2(a)news.supernews.com...
>>>> No wonder Canon shooters prefer this lens to the 85/1.2L II. Seems
>>>> like
>>>> the
>>>> old Nikkor strikes fear into the dSLR community again! The old dog
>>>> does
>>>> it
>>>> again.
>>>
>>> I've never used any of the Canon or Nikon 85mm lenses, but I can tell
>>> you
>>> I'd prefer the Canon 85 over the Nikon, without question.
>>>
>
> --
> Floyd L. Davidson <http://www.apaflo.com/floyd_davidson>
> Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska) floyd(a)apaflo.com