From: Mark Roberts on
Somebody wrote:

>I have no problem seeing the EXIF data from my K10D images in any program
>that can show EXIF data. ACR, Photoshop, Lightroom, Paint Shop Pro, ACDSee
>Pro 2, etc. If your looking for a seperate file to go along with each image
>your out of luck. However, the EXIF data is embedded in to the files.

If you shoot RAW, you can convert your PEF files to DNG. With DNG
files you can choose to embed metadata (including EXIF) into the DNG
or put it into separate .xmp "sidecar" files. If you choose the latter
you've got your EXIF in separate files in XML format. :)

--
Mark Roberts Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com
412-687-2835




From: Somebody on
"Mark Roberts" <mark(a)robertstech.com> wrote in message
news:5vple3dgsedl1dgrs6uk6vhagh1gv89861(a)4ax.com...
> Somebody wrote:
>
>>I have no problem seeing the EXIF data from my K10D images in any program
>>that can show EXIF data. ACR, Photoshop, Lightroom, Paint Shop Pro, ACDSee
>>Pro 2, etc. If your looking for a seperate file to go along with each
>>image
>>your out of luck. However, the EXIF data is embedded in to the files.
>
> If you shoot RAW, you can convert your PEF files to DNG. With DNG
> files you can choose to embed metadata (including EXIF) into the DNG
> or put it into separate .xmp "sidecar" files. If you choose the latter
> you've got your EXIF in separate files in XML format. :)
>
> --
> Mark Roberts Photography & Multimedia
> www.robertstech.com
> 412-687-2835
>
>
>
>

True but that isn't done in the camera is it. No one was talking about using
a separate program on a computer to create the EXIF data file.

Somebody!

From: Dave Cohen on
sadatoni wrote:
> Wow, I just tried EXIFTOOL (Version 6.96 now) and there's TONS more
> stuff in a JPEG than the plug-in the IrFanView shows (Thanks Paul!).
> Here's what it shows for a JPEG from a K10D (I don't remember which
> picture I used for my previous post, so I'll pick one out of the same
> batch of pictures):
>
> ExifTool Version Number : 6.96
> File Name : IMGP0162.JPG
> Directory : .
> File Size : 4 MB
> File Modification Date/Time : 2007:09:08 13:06:54
> File Type : JPEG
> MIME Type : image/jpeg
> Make : PENTAX Corporation
> Camera Model Name : PENTAX K10D
> Orientation : Horizontal (normal)
> X Resolution : 72
> Y Resolution : 72
> Resolution Unit : inches
> Software : K10D Ver 1.30
> Modify Date : 2007:09:08 13:06:53
> Y Cb Cr Positioning : Co-sited
> Exposure Time : 1/125
> F Number : 6.7
> Exposure Program : Program AE
> ISO : 100
> Exif Version : 0221
> Date/Time Original : 2007:09:08 13:06:53
> Create Date : 2007:09:08 13:06:53
> Components Configuration : YCbCr
> Flash : Off
> Focal Length : 20.0mm
> Pentax Version : 3.0.0.0
> Pentax Mode : Auto
> Preview Image Size : 640x480
> Preview Image Length : 27330
> Preview Image Start : 2284
> Pentax Model ID : K10D
> Date : 2007:09:08
> Time : 13:06:53
> Quality : Best
> Flash Mode : Off
> Focus Mode : AF-S
> AF Point Selected : Auto
> Exposure Compensation : 0
> Metering Mode : Center Weighted
> Auto Bracketing : 0 EV, No Extended Bracket
> White Balance : Auto
> White Balance Mode : Auto (Daylight)
> World Time Location : Hometown [ok, so some of
> this data is irrelevant]
> Hometown City : Los Angeles [Seattle
> isn't one of the options :-(]
> Destination City : New York
> Hometown DST : No
> Destination DST : No
> Image Processing : Unprocessed
> Picture Mode : Program AE
> Drive Mode : Single-frame
> Lens Type : smc PENTAX-DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL
> Camera Temperature : 23 C
> Noise Reduction : Off
> Flash Exposure Comp : 0
> Image Tone : Natural
> SR Result : Stabilized
> Shake Reduction : On
> SR SWS To SWR Time : 249
> Black Point : 0 0 0 0
> White Point : 13888 8192 8192 9280
> AE Exposure Time : 1/121
> AE Aperture : 7.0
> AE ISO : 100
> AE Xv : 64
> AEB Xv : 0
> AE Flash Tv : 164
> AE Program Mode : Manual/Program AE
> Lens Codes : 40 214 18 110 132 70 144 102 128 137
> 114 56 1 60 88 3
> Flash Status : 0
> Flash Mode Code : Off (242)
> External Flash Mode : 63
> Internal Flash Magni : 51
> TTL DA A Up : 0
> TTL DA A Down : 0
> TTL DA B Up : 0
> TTL DA B Down : 0
> WB RGGB Levels Daylight : 13600 8192 8192 8765
> WB RGGB Levels Shade : 16128 8192 8192 6635
> WB RGGB Levels Cloudy : 14560 8192 8192 7782
> WB RGGB Levels Tungsten : 8192 8192 8192 20971
> WB RGGB Levels Fluorescent D : 17376 8192 8192 8847
> WB RGGB Levels Fluorescent N : 14528 8192 8192 10076
> WB RGGB Levels Fluorescent W : 13088 8192 8192 12206
> WB RGGB Levels Flash : 13632 8192 8192 8601
> Manufacture Date : 2007:04:02
> Model Revision : 1.1
> Internal Serial Number : 2121565
> Battery Type : 2
> Battery Body Grip States : 4 1
> Battery AD Body No Load : 168
> Battery AD Body Load : 164
> Battery AD Grip No Load : 5
> Battery AD Grip Load : 1
> Flashpix Version : 0100
> Color Space : sRGB
> Exif Image Width : 3872
> Exif Image Length : 2592
> Interoperability Index : R98 - DCF basic file (sRGB)
> Interoperability Version : 0100
> Sensing Method : One-chip color area
> File Source : Digital Camera
> Scene Type : Directly photographed
> Custom Rendered : Normal
> Exposure Mode : Auto
> Focal Length In 35mm Format : 30mm
> Scene Capture Type : Standard
> Contrast : Normal
> Saturation : Normal
> Sharpness : Hard
> Subject Distance Range : Distant
> Compression : JPEG (old-style)
> Thumbnail Offset : 46172
> Thumbnail Length : 6688
> Image Width : 3872
> Image Height : 2592
> Encoding Process : Baseline DCT, Huffman coding
> Bits Per Sample : 8
> Color Components : 3
> Y Cb Cr Sub Sampling : YCbCr4:2:2 (2 1)
> Aperture : 6.7
> Image Size : 3872x2592
> Preview Image : (Binary data 27330 bytes, use -b
> option to extract)
> Scale Factor To 35mm Equivalent : 1.5
> Shutter Speed : 1/125
> Thumbnail Image : (Binary data 6688 bytes, use -b
> option to extract)
> Circle Of Confusion : 0.020 mm
> Focal Length : 20.0mm (35mm equivalent: 30.0mm)
> Hyperfocal Distance : 2.98 m
> Light Value : 12.5
>
> Such fun!
>

Also take a look at Exifer (free download). I tried Exiftool and gave up
trying to see if one gave info the other didn't.
Exifer seems like a lot more friendly display and groups the data. Take
your choice.
Dave Cohen
From: Paul Mitchum on
Dave Cohen <user(a)example.net> wrote:

> sadatoni wrote:
> > Wow, I just tried EXIFTOOL (Version 6.96 now) and there's TONS more
> > stuff in a JPEG than the plug-in the IrFanView shows (Thanks Paul!).
> > Here's what it shows for a JPEG from a K10D (I don't remember which
> > picture I used for my previous post, so I'll pick one out of the same
> > batch of pictures):
> >
> > ExifTool Version Number : 6.96
> > File Name : IMGP0162.JPG
> > Directory : .
[..]
> Also take a look at Exifer (free download). I tried Exiftool and gave up
> trying to see if one gave info the other didn't.
> Exifer seems like a lot more friendly display and groups the data. Take
> your choice.

Exiftool lets you select which grouping of information you'd like to
see, but it does it on the command line. It can also retrieve a single
item, if you know what that item is. It's very useful for scripting
applications where you need to work with metadata, but not as friendly
for use by humans.

--
http://www.xoverboard.com/cartoons/2007/070416_argument.html
First  |  Prev  | 
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Sanyo eneloop at Costco
Next: Rayovac PS3 charger