From: C J Campbell on
On 2010-05-17 15:43:15 -0700, Bruce <docnews2011(a)gmail.com> said:

> On Mon, 17 May 2010 20:30:05 +0100, "No spam please"
> <me(a)spamnotwelcome.org> wrote:
>>
>> I'd also contact the PR office of the airline, explain what I wish to do and
>> see what assistance they can offer.
>
>
> The OP should expect a one word answer, the first letter being N.

Save your outrage for real problems, not tourists or whatever taking
pictures on airplanes.

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

From: Peter on
"C J Campbell" <christophercampbellremovethis(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:2010051716471050073-christophercampbellremovethis(a)hotmailcom...
> On 2010-05-17 15:43:15 -0700, Bruce <docnews2011(a)gmail.com> said:
>
>> On Mon, 17 May 2010 20:30:05 +0100, "No spam please"
>> <me(a)spamnotwelcome.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'd also contact the PR office of the airline, explain what I wish to do
>>> and
>>> see what assistance they can offer.
>>
>>
>> The OP should expect a one word answer, the first letter being N.
>
> Save your outrage for real problems, not tourists or whatever taking
> pictures on airplanes.
>


Oh! Puhlease!
Bruce is an expert on everything.

--
Peter

From: C J Campbell on
On 2010-05-17 16:50:44 -0700, "Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> said:

> "C J Campbell" <christophercampbellremovethis(a)hotmail.com> wrote in
> message
> news:2010051716471050073-christophercampbellremovethis(a)hotmailcom...
>> On 2010-05-17 15:43:15 -0700, Bruce <docnews2011(a)gmail.com> said:
>>
>>> On Mon, 17 May 2010 20:30:05 +0100, "No spam please"
>>> <me(a)spamnotwelcome.org> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> I'd also contact the PR office of the airline, explain what I wish to do and
>>>> see what assistance they can offer.
>>>
>>>
>>> The OP should expect a one word answer, the first letter being N.
>>
>> Save your outrage for real problems, not tourists or whatever taking
>> pictures on airplanes.
>>
>
>
> Oh! Puhlease!
> Bruce is an expert on everything.

Oops. I forgot. ;-)

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

From: Paul Furman on
Alois Schicklgr�ber wrote:
> "Shawn" <shawn0706(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:bbd942c4-4368-41f4-9579-0ff029328b19(a)o15g2000vbb.googlegroups.com...
>> All:
>>
>> I would like to take picture in airplane cabins.
>>
>> http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&gbv=2&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=cathay+pacific+business+class&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=
>>
>> Some flights are red-eye, and I would like to use a fast lens to take
>> first/business class pictures.
>>
>> Which of the following lenses sould I use?
>>
>> http://www.borrowlenses.com/category/nikon
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> If I was aboard that flight, I would file a complaint about invasion of
> privacy. The flight attendant will report that to the pilot in chargem and
> you would face sanctions of some sort. The airplane is private property, and
> I did not grant third-party permission to violate my privacy.

I watched 'Blowup' (1966) the other day, there's a scene where David
Hemmings, the pretty-boy arrogant photographer brat explains to Vanessa
Redgrave when she complains about being photographed in a park, where
she says she expects reasonable privacy

What are you doing? Stop it! Stop it! Give me those pictures. You can't
photograph people like that.

Who says I can't? I'm only doing my job. Some people are bullfighters,
some people are politicians. I'm a photographer.

screen cap of the scene:
http://www.lrdev.com/lr/cache/379ea71d.html
From: krishnananda on
In article
<bbd942c4-4368-41f4-9579-0ff029328b19(a)o15g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
Shawn <shawn0706(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> All:
>
> I would like to take picture in airplane cabins.
>
> http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&gbv=2&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=cathay+pacific+bu
> siness+class&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=
>
> Some flights are red-eye, and I would like to use a fast lens to take
> first/business class pictures.
>
> Which of the following lenses sould I use?
>
> http://www.borrowlenses.com/category/nikon
>
> Thanks.


The following is quoted from the below-referenced website. Edited for
brevity. This may only apply to US carriers or US airspace. I do not
know.
----------

http://photography.lovetoknow.com/Can_I_Take_Pictures_on_a_Commercial_Air
plane

Can I take pictures on a commercial airplane? It�s a question commonly
asked by camera-toting travelers, who are unsure of federal aviation
regulations.

The short answer is yes. Whereas the events of September 11, 2001
temporarily banned airline passengers from taking pictures in commercial
aircrafts, as of April 2010, there are no Federal Aviation
Administration (FAA) regulations that restrict still photographs on
airlines.

[The long answer:]

While there are no existing FAA rules prohibiting still photography on
airplanes, if your flash disturbs other passengers, flight attendants
may ask you refrain from using your camera to snap photos. In such
cases, federal regulations require that you follow the instructions of
flight attendants during your flight.

If you plan to [videotape] on a commercial airliner, you should know
that there isn't an all-encompassing ban on video camera use throughout
the industry. The FAA doesn't have specific regulations stating that
taking video images inside a plane or out an aircraft's window is
illegal. However, individual airlines have the right to set and enforce
their own rules regarding the use of video cameras on their planes,
whether they are on the ground or in the air. Moreover, individual
flight attendants have the right to restrict the use of any digital
media. Passengers are required to do what the flight crew says under FAA
regulations. If you do not comply with the wishes of the individual
carrier, you are subject to penalties ranging from paying fees to being
escorted off the flight.

Spare yourself from a potentially embarrassing situation by checking
with your carrier about photography rules before taking off. Since
airlines have the ability to restrict the use of video cameras and
camera phones during flights, don�t assume that because you were able to
shoot photos on one airplane, you can do so on another carrier.