From: Ron Hunter on
SMS wrote:
> Ron Hunter wrote:
>
>> I would too. Getting 4 AA batteries for the same price as 4 AAA
>> batteries is always a good value!
>> Perhaps there should be more package choices...
>
> I want more AAAs! I put four into a remote, then two into two MP3
> players my kids have use one AAAs.

For the alkaline AA and AAA batteries, I watch for sales, and usually
get them for about $.30 each. Nothing exotic, just Walgreens, or CVS.
For the applications where alkaline batteries are the best value, I find
these prices reasonable. Because NiMH Batteries are so long-lasting, I
rarely have to buy them. Still, for things like clocks, they are a
better fit than NiMH batteries.
From: Thomas T. Veldhouse on
Ron Hunter <rphunter(a)charter.net> wrote:
> SMS wrote:
>> Ron Hunter wrote:
>>
>>> I would too. Getting 4 AA batteries for the same price as 4 AAA
>>> batteries is always a good value!
>>> Perhaps there should be more package choices...
>>
>> I want more AAAs! I put four into a remote, then two into two MP3
>> players my kids have use one AAAs.
>
> For the alkaline AA and AAA batteries, I watch for sales, and usually
> get them for about $.30 each. Nothing exotic, just Walgreens, or CVS.
> For the applications where alkaline batteries are the best value, I find
> these prices reasonable. Because NiMH Batteries are so long-lasting, I
> rarely have to buy them. Still, for things like clocks, they are a
> better fit than NiMH batteries.

Put an Eneloop in your clocks and you might change your mind. At $0.30 cents
per alkaline, it will pay for itself in 9 charges ... so the remaining 491
charges are free ;-) Granted, you will probably only have to charge the
battery every 7 or 8 months :-)

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

We have more to fear from the bungling of the incompetent than from the
machinations of the wicked.

From: SMS on
Ron Hunter wrote:
> SMS wrote:
>> Ron Hunter wrote:
>>
>>> Still, compared with regular NiMH batteries, 500 charges from an
>>> Eneloop battery would be better than 1000 from a regular NiMH
>>> battery, at least the way I use the batteries.
>>
>> Agreed.
>>
>> In reality, most people will get far more life out of an Eneloop
>> because they'll be charging them a lot less.
>
> A darn sight less aggravation, too!

That's really the big advantage (as well as not throwing more alkalines
into the landfill). What some people don't realize is that not everyone
wants to become a battery hobbyist, devising elaborate methods for
rotations, top-up charges, matching battery capacities, and keeping
batteries in sets. All that hassle goes away with eneloop.
From: Allen on
Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
> Ron Hunter <rphunter(a)charter.net> wrote:
>> SMS wrote:
>>> Ron Hunter wrote:
>>>
>>>> I would too. Getting 4 AA batteries for the same price as 4 AAA
>>>> batteries is always a good value!
>>>> Perhaps there should be more package choices...
>>> I want more AAAs! I put four into a remote, then two into two MP3
>>> players my kids have use one AAAs.
>> For the alkaline AA and AAA batteries, I watch for sales, and usually
>> get them for about $.30 each. Nothing exotic, just Walgreens, or CVS.
>> For the applications where alkaline batteries are the best value, I find
>> these prices reasonable. Because NiMH Batteries are so long-lasting, I
>> rarely have to buy them. Still, for things like clocks, they are a
>> better fit than NiMH batteries.
>
> Put an Eneloop in your clocks and you might change your mind. At $0.30 cents
> per alkaline, it will pay for itself in 9 charges ... so the remaining 491
> charges are free ;-) Granted, you will probably only have to charge the
> battery every 7 or 8 months :-)
>
Thomas, why don't you stop replying to this guy? SMS has absolutely no
credibility, as he has refused repeated requests to tell us his
qualifications to discuss batteries; this tells me that his
qualifications are non-existent. Give the keyboard a rest.
Allen
From: SMS on
Allen wrote:

> Thomas, why don't you stop replying to this guy? SMS has absolutely no
> credibility, as he has refused repeated requests to tell us his
> qualifications to discuss batteries;

All listed on the web sites for many years. It's your loss when you
decide to believe people with no credibility for whatever strange
reasons you may have. Whatever lights your board.