From: Shane on
I decided to keep the teleconverter and use it with my telescope mount. Do
you think this will work?

Shane
"Mr.T" <bakljava(a)nahero.com> wrote in message
news:1qykewuhici1a.1n3sjklt1xtdp$.dlg(a)40tude.net...
> On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 18:25:05 -0700, Shane wrote:
>
>> I have two Canon lenses, an EFS 55-250 and an EFS 18-55.
>
> EF-S lenses won't fit in EF teleconverter, and even if they
> would, AF won't work with slow lenses. So, you're doomed.

From: Ray Fischer on
Shane <atldal3(a)bresnan.net> wrote:
>I decided to keep the teleconverter and use it with my telescope mount. Do
>you think this will work?

Shrug. I supposed that it should. It'd be the equivalent of a
Barlow. I'd use an adapter that allows eyepiece projection but
if you want to try the teleconverter then let us know how it works.

Besides, having it is an excuse to upgrade your lenses in the future.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Wolfgang Weisselberg on
Shane <atldal3(a)bresnan.net> wrote:
> I purchased a Tamron-F 2x c-af1 BBAR MC7 teleconvertor for my Canon XSI. I
> have two Canon lenses, an EFS 55-250 and an EFS 18-55. The teleconvertor
> fits fine on the camera, but neither lens will fit down into the
> teleconverter. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Forget the whole idea. You want a very good lens for a
teleconverter, even more for a 2x teleconverter, to get decent
quality out of it. Your 55-250 doesn't fall into that category
(and it's an EF-S lens, which, as you found, physically doesn't
fit on an TC for EF lenses). Consumer zooms and TCs are a bad
marriage at the best of times.

Buy a high end zoom (as in "70-200 f/2.8 IS") or, even better, a
good non-zoom lens for your 2x TC. Make that an f/2.8 or faster
lens to retain AF. And then pray you got a good TC, and still
be prepared to loose image quality.

-Wolfgang
From: Outing Trolls is FUN! on
On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 00:33:36 +0100, Wolfgang Weisselberg
<ozcvgtt02(a)sneakemail.com> wrote:

>Shane <atldal3(a)bresnan.net> wrote:
>> I purchased a Tamron-F 2x c-af1 BBAR MC7 teleconvertor for my Canon XSI. I
>> have two Canon lenses, an EFS 55-250 and an EFS 18-55. The teleconvertor
>> fits fine on the camera, but neither lens will fit down into the
>> teleconverter. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.
>
>Forget the whole idea. You want a very good lens for a
>teleconverter, even more for a 2x teleconverter, to get decent
>quality out of it. Your 55-250 doesn't fall into that category
>(and it's an EF-S lens, which, as you found, physically doesn't
>fit on an TC for EF lenses). Consumer zooms and TCs are a bad
>marriage at the best of times.
>
>Buy a high end zoom (as in "70-200 f/2.8 IS") or, even better, a
>good non-zoom lens for your 2x TC. Make that an f/2.8 or faster
>lens to retain AF. And then pray you got a good TC, and still
>be prepared to loose image quality.
>
>-Wolfgang

This advice, mind you, coming from a pretend photographer troll that has
never used any cameras nor lenses and only regurgitates whatever
photography info it can find online from less than reputable sources.
From: Ray Fischer on
Outing Trolls is FUN! <otif(a)trollouters.org> wrote:
>On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 00:33:36 +0100, Wolfgang Weisselberg
><ozcvgtt02(a)sneakemail.com> wrote:
>
>>Shane <atldal3(a)bresnan.net> wrote:
>>> I purchased a Tamron-F 2x c-af1 BBAR MC7 teleconvertor for my Canon XSI. I
>>> have two Canon lenses, an EFS 55-250 and an EFS 18-55. The teleconvertor
>>> fits fine on the camera, but neither lens will fit down into the
>>> teleconverter. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.
>>
>>Forget the whole idea. You want a very good lens for a
>>teleconverter, even more for a 2x teleconverter, to get decent
>>quality out of it. Your 55-250 doesn't fall into that category
>>(and it's an EF-S lens, which, as you found, physically doesn't
>>fit on an TC for EF lenses). Consumer zooms and TCs are a bad
>>marriage at the best of times.
>>
>>Buy a high end zoom (as in "70-200 f/2.8 IS") or, even better, a
>>good non-zoom lens for your 2x TC. Make that an f/2.8 or faster
>>lens to retain AF. And then pray you got a good TC, and still
>>be prepared to loose image quality.
>>
>This advice, mind you, coming from a pretend photographer troll that has

Go away, lying troll. Nobody believes you.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

First  |  Prev  | 
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Sigma wide zoom = junk
Next: Photoline vs. PhotoSlop