From: David Ruether on

"Jim Keegan" <jkeegan(a)mchsi.com> wrote in message news:3W6qm.37320$5n1.34083(a)attbi_s21...
> "Keith Nuttle" <keith_nuttle(a)sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:h8ar7t$ron$1(a)aioe.org...

>> Do you know what obama and a rug have in common?

>> They lie all of the time.

> AFUCKINGMEN!!!!!!!

It is sad to see the extremely low level of discourse that an
important issue like health care reform has brought to the
fore - and the incredible "know nothing" ignorance that is
now exhibited by so many. THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Without that,
we are doomed to lose our democracy as we descend into a
chaos resulting from a lack of respect for leaders (finally!) of
the highest caliber, and the institutions without which we can
have very little stability. See beyond the rantings and lies of the
talk show hosts and politicians who care not a whit about the
consequences of their actions, but only about short-term
aggrandizement and demagoguery - and do this before it is too
late. Please remember that it is easier to pull down a house
than to build it...
--DR


From: David Ruether on

"Bob G" <mrbobjames(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message news:94a4b97f-52ef-4dbe-935b-5f0597e68566(a)t2g2000yqn.googlegroups.com...

>> What he said was a lie, the health care will be provided to all tax
>> payers and illegals are covered under the tax law so will receive free
>> health care. Unless it was added all of the bills that have passed did
>> not exclude illegals.

> I don't know. Have we so lost our humanity that we think illegals are
> animals? It's pathetic to hear a President promise to deny health care
> to some people in order to appease Republicans.

Yes - and that health care would not be "free" in any case, as it now is
for many who currently (and expensively for the rest of us) use emergency
room facilities in lieu of having a regular (and far less expensive) GP.
As a tax-payer and health-care payer, I would much prefer to cover a
$100 GP visit than a $1000 ER visit for an "illegal" concealed inside my
bills. And I would also prefer that a communicable desease or potentially
very serious and expensive condition be caught early through good care.
It is short-sighted to see this in "us vs. them" terms when universal
health care, including preventive care, helps us all. Or, for those against
single payer health care (which is what SS Medicare is - and most are
VERY happy with that, and its administrative costs are a small fraction
of those of private insurance), look at the statistics. In EVERY country
that has a single-payer system of health care, the average life span is
greater than ours(!), and the cost of the health care system is less than
ours(!). Yet the "know-nothings" hide their heads in the sand and mutter
idiotic things like, "socialism"...
--DR


From: Bowser on


"Keith Nuttle" <keith_nuttle(a)sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:h8ar7t$ron$1(a)aioe.org...
> Larry Thong wrote:
>> It seems the meaning and value of the word "apology" has been watered
>> down to now mean "I'm sorry I got caught for doing whatever I did but was
>> very happy doing it up and till the point I got caught." It's sad that
>> this practice is commonplace with business's, politicians, investment
>> brokers, religious figures, criminals alike.
>>
>> Good ole boy Joe Wilson, a Republican, called out "you lie" during
>> Obama's speech and shortly apologizes after getting called out over it.
>> It's sad to see these juvenile actions taken by Wilson and the
>> Republicans when everyone knows Obama is very passionate and takes
>> seriously the problem of health care reform. He is the only President in
>> history that is actually doing something about removing the waste and
>> corruption in the health care system. Give Obama a round of applause!!!
>>
>>
>>
>>
> Apologies worked for all of the people that obama appointed to his
> administration with a few exceptions that got justifiably canned.
>
> What he said was a lie, the health care will be provided to all tax payers
> and illegals are covered under the tax law so will receive free health
> care. Unless it was added all of the bills that have passed did not
> exclude illegals.

Prove it. I've heard this from a few right-wingers, but it's all heresay,
apparently. Provide your source.

>
>
>
> Do you know what obama and a rug have in common?
>
>
>
> They lie all of the time.

From: eNo on
On Sep 10, 3:08 am, "Larry Thong" <larry_th...(a)shitstring.com> wrote:
> Good ole boy Joe Wilson, a Republican, called out "you lie" during Obama's
> speech and shortly apologizes after getting called out over it.   It's sad
> to see these juvenile actions taken by Wilson and the Republicans when
> everyone knows Obama is very passionate and takes seriously the problem of
> health care reform.  

Everyone knows? Let's let that hyperbole go, and let's move on to say
that it is sad that people feel compelled to apologize when they in
fact don't believe they did anything wrong -- the flipside of what you
are pointing out. Joe Wilson *was* rude in shouting out "you lie" and
should rightly apologize for his immature behavior. I doubt, however,
that he believes his statement is false or misleading... as might be
in fact the case for the statement the president made. No, the
legislation does not have provisions to hand out health care to
illegal immigrants -- in that specific statement the president is
truthful -- but it does contain numerous loopholes, at least one of
which could accommodate a truck-load of illegal immigrants, coyote
included. All of which brings us back to what the meaning of "is"
is... Perhaps good ol' Joe should have shouted "You mislead!" -- but
no doubt he would have still had to apologize for such impulsive
behavior, the difference being that his actual statement is much
catchier.

From: Bowser on


"George Kerby" <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:C6CE9A09.33FAD%ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com...
>
>
>
> On 9/10/09 5:08 AM, in article
> EKWdnfDeK_e0TTXXnZ2dnUVZ_oSdnZ2d(a)supernews.com, "Larry Thong"
> <larry_thong(a)shitstring.com> wrote:
>
>> It seems the meaning and value of the word "apology" has been watered
>> down
>> to now mean "I'm sorry I got caught for doing whatever I did but was very
>> happy doing it up and till the point I got caught." It's sad that this
>> practice is commonplace with business's, politicians, investment brokers,
>> religious figures, criminals alike.
>>
>> Good ole boy Joe Wilson, a Republican, called out "you lie" during
>> Obama's
>> speech and shortly apologizes after getting called out over it. It's
>> sad
>> to see these juvenile actions taken by Wilson and the Republicans when
>> everyone knows Obama is very passionate and takes seriously the problem
>> of
>> health care reform. He is the only President in history that is actually
>> doing something about removing the waste and corruption in the health
>> care
>> system. Give Obama a round of applause!!!
>>
>>
> He really didn't lie.
>
> By the time The Anointed One gets finished, there will no such thing as
> illegal aliens. Open borders for all!!! More DemoCrap voters is an
> instant.

I agree. If this country ever had a republican president and a cooperative
republican congress, spending would come to a halt, the budget would be
balanced, and the borders would be closed, as well as English being
installed as our national language.

Oh, wait...