From: Atheist Chaplain on
"Bill Graham" <weg9(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
news:eKKdnZJa7rsyFCnXnZ2dnUVZ_vudnZ2d(a)giganews.com...
>
> "Father Guido Sarducci" <don(a)novello.com> wrote in message
> news:Xns9C8A70F3BA778FatherGuido(a)202.177.16.121...
>>> Social Security and Medicare are government run insurance
>>> policies. Ever hear of FICA which is the ~15% of your salary
>>> the government collects? It is half hidden for employees
>>> because the employer pays part directly instead of putting
>>> it into your paycheck where you can actually see it being
>>> removed. FICA = Federal Insurance Compensation Act.
>>> Unfortunately it was set up as a Ponzi scheme that is
>>> falling apart. I could get some nice health insurance and an
>>> annuity if I had the ability to keep the FICA money. You
>>> even pay income tax on the part you do see on your pay stub.
>
> Yes, and they have the nerve to give Madoff 150 years for doing what they
> have been doing since 1930.....And Bush wanted to actually invest the
> money in American business, and the Dems screamed bloody murder!

I beg to differ
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-norton17-2009sep17,0,6215749.story
Bush was just making his buddies richer at the expense of the American
people.

--
[This comment is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Church of
Scientology International]
"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your
Christ." Gandhi

From: David Ruether on

"David Ruether" <d_ruether(a)thotmail.com> wrote in message news:h93215$hsk$1(a)ruby.cit.cornell.edu...

> ...to...

Darn! The "dith-PIK-able" "to" instead of "too" got in there. It must
have been the doing of a nutty right-winger...! ;-)
--DR


From: Savageduck on
On 2009-09-19 09:58:42 -0700, "David Ruether" <d_ruether(a)thotmail.com> said:

>
> "David Ruether" <d_ruether(a)thotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:h93215$hsk$1(a)ruby.cit.cornell.edu...
>
>> ...to...
>
> Darn! The "dith-PIK-able" "to" instead of "too" got in there. It must
> have been the doing of a nutty right-winger...! ;-)
> --DR

Your "o" was discounted.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: Bill Graham on

"Atheist Chaplain" <abused(a)cia.gov> wrote in message
news:4ab4e424(a)news.x-privat.org...
> "Bill Graham" <weg9(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:eKKdnZJa7rsyFCnXnZ2dnUVZ_vudnZ2d(a)giganews.com...
>>
>> "Father Guido Sarducci" <don(a)novello.com> wrote in message
>> news:Xns9C8A70F3BA778FatherGuido(a)202.177.16.121...
>>>> Social Security and Medicare are government run insurance
>>>> policies. Ever hear of FICA which is the ~15% of your salary
>>>> the government collects? It is half hidden for employees
>>>> because the employer pays part directly instead of putting
>>>> it into your paycheck where you can actually see it being
>>>> removed. FICA = Federal Insurance Compensation Act.
>>>> Unfortunately it was set up as a Ponzi scheme that is
>>>> falling apart. I could get some nice health insurance and an
>>>> annuity if I had the ability to keep the FICA money. You
>>>> even pay income tax on the part you do see on your pay stub.
>>
>> Yes, and they have the nerve to give Madoff 150 years for doing what they
>> have been doing since 1930.....And Bush wanted to actually invest the
>> money in American business, and the Dems screamed bloody murder!
>
> I beg to differ
> http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-norton17-2009sep17,0,6215749.story

This story has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with investing the social
security funds collected by the government in the stock market, or in
American business. right now, they just spend the money, and don't invest it
at all, and people like you wonder why social security is going broke.....It
is nothing but a giant Ponzi scheme, just like Bernie Madoff ran, only a lot
bigger. When Roosevelt set the program up, he expected them to invest the
money.....Not spend it!

From: Ray Fischer on
Bill Graham <weg9(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>
>"Atheist Chaplain" <abused(a)cia.gov> wrote in message
>news:4ab4e424(a)news.x-privat.org...
>> "Bill Graham" <weg9(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>> news:eKKdnZJa7rsyFCnXnZ2dnUVZ_vudnZ2d(a)giganews.com...
>>>
>>> "Father Guido Sarducci" <don(a)novello.com> wrote in message
>>> news:Xns9C8A70F3BA778FatherGuido(a)202.177.16.121...
>>>>> Social Security and Medicare are government run insurance
>>>>> policies. Ever hear of FICA which is the ~15% of your salary
>>>>> the government collects? It is half hidden for employees
>>>>> because the employer pays part directly instead of putting
>>>>> it into your paycheck where you can actually see it being
>>>>> removed. FICA = Federal Insurance Compensation Act.
>>>>> Unfortunately it was set up as a Ponzi scheme that is
>>>>> falling apart. I could get some nice health insurance and an
>>>>> annuity if I had the ability to keep the FICA money. You
>>>>> even pay income tax on the part you do see on your pay stub.
>>>
>>> Yes, and they have the nerve to give Madoff 150 years for doing what they
>>> have been doing since 1930.....And Bush wanted to actually invest the
>>> money in American business, and the Dems screamed bloody murder!
>>
>> I beg to differ
>> http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-norton17-2009sep17,0,6215749.story
>
>This story has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with investing the social
>security funds collected by the government in the stock market, or in
>American business. right now, they just spend the money, and don't invest it
>at all,

The truth is that Social Security (as reauired by Congress) invests
its funds in US Treasuries.

As usual graham spouts the usual rightward propaganda and falsehoods.

> and people like you wonder why social security is going broke.....It
>is nothing but a giant Ponzi scheme,

Rightard lie. It's nothing like a Ponzi scheme and it's only ignorant
rightards who claim as much.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net