From: Sherry Morris on
There must be a way to MANUALLY run the Sandisk U3 flash drive autoplay!
But how?

When I plug in the encrypted sandisk u3 flash drive to one of my laptops, I
can see two drives, namely:
U3 System (D:) Removable Disk (E:)

When I click on the "U3 System (D:)", I can see three files:
autorun.inf LaunchPad.zip LaunchU3.exe

How do I manually launch the sandrive u3 system on this laptop so that it
asks for my password?

Note: On other laptops, it works fine. I suspect someone disabled flash
drive autoplay (which from googling, is a good thing but I can not find
instructions on how to run the ubiquitous sandrive U3 encryption once
autoplay is disabled!

Help!
How do I manually run the sandisk u3 encryption program so that it asks for
my password?
From: Sherry Morris on
On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 07:48:02 -0700, Sherry Morris wrote:

> How do I manually run the sandisk u3 encryption program so that it asks for
> my password?

BTW, the SanDisk U3 USB flash drive autoplay encryption dialog does pop up
on other Windows XP laptops so I'm sure it's something different about this
laptop.

This laptop won't autoplay anything so I suspect autoplay has been turned
off (again, this is a good thing).

All I am asking (and I'm not sure whom to ask) is ........
How do I manually tell the sandisk u3 encryption system to run?

I installed TweakUI version 2.10.0.0 and checked "My Computer > AutoPlay >
Enable Autoplay for CD and DVD drives" and I checked "My Computer >
AutoPlay > Enable Autoplay for removable drives" but it didn't do anything.

Besides, I don't want to enable autoplay (I like that it won't autoplay).

All I want to do is manually run the sandisk u3 encryption program to ask
me what the password is.

But, when I doubleclick on D:\LaunchU3.exe, nothing happens except it
brings up an empty folder on my WinXP hard drive C:\Documents and
Settings\sherry\Application Data\U3\<big number>

There must be a way to manually run the sandisk u3 encryption dialog, yes?
From: Sherry Morris on
On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 07:56:47 -0700, John McWilliams wrote:

>> How do I manually run the sandisk u3 encryption program so that it asks for
>> my password?
>
> Unencrypt it?

On another windows PC, I can certainly unencrypt the contents of the
Sandisk U3 flash drive. That isn't the problem. I WANT the data encrypted.

I just want the SanDisk U3 program to ASK for the password.

But without autoplay, the Sandisk U3 flash drive doesn't ask for the
password on this computer.

When I click on the Sandisk U3 LaunchPad.zip, I can unzip the files but
none of them, when I click on them, do anything to bring up the password.

Likewise, I can't get the autorun.inf to do anything.
Here is what the autorun.inf file contains.
[AutoRun]
open=LaunchU3.exe -a
icon=LaunchU3.exe,0

[Definitions]
Launchpad=LaunchPad.exe
Vtype=2

[CopyFiles]
FileNumber=1
File1=LaunchPad.zip

[Update]
URL=http://u3.sandisk.com/download/lp_installer.asp?custom=1.6.1.1&brand=CruzerBFG


[Comment]
brand=CruzerBFG


How can I get a sandisk u3 usb flash drive to autorun manually?



From: Benlars on
Try: http://www.u3.com/support/faq.aspx


"Sherry Morris" <morrisjw(a)prodigy.net> wrote in message
news:qkvyk.116$YU2.82(a)nlpi066.nbdc.sbc.com...
> There must be a way to MANUALLY run the Sandisk U3 flash drive autoplay!
> But how?
>
> When I plug in the encrypted sandisk u3 flash drive to one of my laptops,
> I
> can see two drives, namely:
> U3 System (D:) Removable Disk (E:)
>
> When I click on the "U3 System (D:)", I can see three files:
> autorun.inf LaunchPad.zip LaunchU3.exe
>
> How do I manually launch the sandrive u3 system on this laptop so that it
> asks for my password?
>
> Note: On other laptops, it works fine. I suspect someone disabled flash
> drive autoplay (which from googling, is a good thing but I can not find
> instructions on how to run the ubiquitous sandrive U3 encryption once
> autoplay is disabled!
>
> Help!
> How do I manually run the sandisk u3 encryption program so that it asks
> for
> my password?


From: Why Tea on
On Sep 12, 9:00 am, Sherry Morris <morri...(a)prodigy.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 07:56:47 -0700, John McWilliams wrote:
> >> How do I manually run the sandisk u3 encryption program so that it asks for
> >> my password?
>
> > Unencrypt it?
>
> On another windows PC, I can certainly unencrypt the contents of the
> Sandisk U3 flash drive. That isn't the problem. I WANT the data encrypted..
>
> I just want the SanDisk U3 program to ASK for the password.
>
> But without autoplay, the Sandisk U3 flash drive doesn't ask for the
> password on this computer.
>
> When I click on the Sandisk U3 LaunchPad.zip, I can unzip the files but
> none of them, when I click on them, do anything to bring up the password.
>
> Likewise, I can't get the autorun.inf to do anything.
> Here is what the autorun.inf file contains.
> [AutoRun]
> open=LaunchU3.exe -a
> icon=LaunchU3.exe,0
>
> [Definitions]
> Launchpad=LaunchPad.exe
> Vtype=2
>
> [CopyFiles]
> FileNumber=1
> File1=LaunchPad.zip
>
> [Update]
> URL=http://u3.sandisk.com/download/lp_installer.asp?custom=1.6.1.1&brand=...
>
> [Comment]
> brand=CruzerBFG
>
> How can I get a sandisk u3 usb flash drive to autorun manually?

I don't use U3. But looking at your autorun.inf, what gets auto-run
is "LaunchU3.exe -a". Have you tried to run "LaunchU3.exe -a"?
If that works, you can then put that in a batch file. Just some
thoughts.