From: Dimitris M on
I have try this lens in my Nikon D700 and I am very pleased by his
sharpness. I can not spend 1.700-1.800 euros that the new Nikon 70-200 costs
in Greece, so I wait for a new version of the Tamron with a fast internal AF
motor and a stabilizer (VC). Is there any info (or rumor) when Tamron will
release this improved 70-200 f2.8 VC ?
--
Dimitris M


From: Bruce on
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 17:44:36 +0200, "Dimitris M" <somone(a)yahooo.com>
wrote:

>I have try this lens in my Nikon D700 and I am very pleased by his
>sharpness. I can not spend 1.700-1.800 euros that the new Nikon 70-200 costs
>in Greece, so I wait for a new version of the Tamron with a fast internal AF
>motor and a stabilizer (VC). Is there any info (or rumor) when Tamron will
>release this improved 70-200 f2.8 VC ?


Tamron has just released a 70-300mm consumer lens with a fast internal
AF motor and a stabilizer. Perhaps the 70-200mm f/2.8 will be their
next project?

In the meantime, Sigma has released an EX Series 70-200mm f/2.8 lens
with a fast internal AF motor and a stabilizer:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/1002/10022016sigma70mm200mm.asp

And Nikon has released a Mk II version of the 70-200mm f/2.8 AF-S VR.
http://www.dpreview.com/lensreviews/nikon_70-200_2p8_vrii_n15/

So, in the absence of a Tamron product, there are other options.


From: bob on
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 17:44:36 +0200, "Dimitris M" <somone(a)yahooo.com> wrote:

>I have try this lens in my Nikon D700 and I am very pleased by his
>sharpness. I can not spend 1.700-1.800 euros that the new Nikon 70-200 costs
>in Greece, so I wait for a new version of the Tamron with a fast internal AF
>motor and a stabilizer (VC). Is there any info (or rumor) when Tamron will
>release this improved 70-200 f2.8 VC ?


I will not waste my time or money on Tamron or Sigma. Feh.
From: Neil Harrington on

<bob(a)myhouse.com> wrote in message
news:pdd8q5pj3khmvkpjikf0589fjbtinqo4kp(a)4ax.com...
> On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 17:44:36 +0200, "Dimitris M" <somone(a)yahooo.com>
> wrote:
>
>>I have try this lens in my Nikon D700 and I am very pleased by his
>>sharpness. I can not spend 1.700-1.800 euros that the new Nikon 70-200
>>costs
>>in Greece, so I wait for a new version of the Tamron with a fast internal
>>AF
>>motor and a stabilizer (VC). Is there any info (or rumor) when Tamron will
>>release this improved 70-200 f2.8 VC ?
>
>
> I will not waste my time or money on Tamron or Sigma. Feh.

Don't sell Tamron short. They make some excellent lenses, and at decent
prices.


From: nospam on
In article <lMGdnXD2z5oZpjjWnZ2dnUVZ_u-dnZ2d(a)giganews.com>, Neil
Harrington <never(a)home.com> wrote:

> > I will not waste my time or money on Tamron or Sigma. Feh.
>
> Don't sell Tamron short. They make some excellent lenses, and at decent
> prices.

yes they do, but they're generally not as robust as nikon/canon. in the
case of the 70-200, the tamron is reasonably good, however, it is very
slow in focusing.