From: Ray Fischer on
George Kerby <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>On 1/4/10 12:30 PM, in article 4b4233d7$0$1666$742ec2ed(a)news.sonic.net, "Ray
>Fischer" <rfischer(a)sonic.net> wrote:
>
>> George Kerby <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> On 1/4/10 12:37 AM, in article 4b418c91$0$1609$742ec2ed(a)news.sonic.net, "Ray
>>> Fischer" <rfischer(a)sonic.net> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Bill Graham <weg9(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> "Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote in message
>>>>> news:4b4152e6$4$19461$8f2e0ebb(a)news.shared-secrets.com...
>>>>>> "Bill Graham" <weg9(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>>>>>> news:YIednQYc-aZmvNzWnZ2dnUVZ_sOdnZ2d(a)giganews.com...
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> weg9 says: You don't need the data from that town. You can just
>>>>>>> compare the data from those towns where carrying a gun is legal, and
>>>>>>> those where it is not, and you will see that carrying a gun reduces the
>>>>>>> crime rate. However, the accidental gunshot rate will go up in those
>>>>>>> towns where more people "carry".
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> But this is normal is it not? In towns where everyone drives, the commute
>>>>>>> time is lower, but the automobile accident rate is higher.....
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Let's take a more statistically significant sample. The entire country.
>>>>>> Have you compared the crime rate with that of GB?
>>>>>
>>>>> Yes, but the larger the sample, the less significance to the statistic,
>>>>
>>>> Gotta love wingnut rationalizations.
>>>>
>>>>> because there are many things involved in, "the crime rate". You have to
>>>>> ask
>>>>> what is. "a crime", and what significance does the possession of arms have
>>>>> to do with that crime.
>>>>
>>>> Pick a crime like murder.
>>>>
>>>>> A lot of people who die from guns in this country
>>>>> should have died......Their death was a, "good thing", because they were
>>>>> harming, or about to harm, others when they were killed.
>>>>
>>>> So people dying is a good thing.
>>>>
>>>> No wonder you love guns.
>>>
>>> LIBERAL DERANGMENT
>>
>> Fascists hate liberalism.
>
>Deranged Liberals

Fascists hate liberalism.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Bill Graham on

"Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote in message
news:4b434c6d$1$19467$8f2e0ebb(a)news.shared-secrets.com...
> "Bill Graham" <weg9(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:maCdnUtNao6VVd_WnZ2dnUVZ_qidnZ2d(a)giganews.com...
>>
> <snipped>>>
>>>> weg9 says: In either case, it is government making a profit
>>>> unfairly, from those who have, simply because they have, and not from
>>>> those who are using the goods or services of government. Look
>>>> around.....find a rich person.....Steal his money from him.....Use it
>>>> to go to the moon, or whatever we want to use it for.....It's free
>>>> money.....He's got it, so we will take it.
>>>
>>>
>>> the sad thing is that you may actually believe that.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Peter
>> No. What's sad, is that my 74 years of living in this f***** up society
>> have taught me of the truth of it. And your attitude further reinforces
>> it in spades.....I am afraid that there is no hope for the future.....I
>> am truly sad that I ever had any children....they are headed for
>> slavery.....Either they, or their children. If I could go back and do it
>> again, I would not have brought them into this world.
>
> I see no further point in continuing this. It's sad that you are so
> bitter. There must be little joy in your life.
>
> --
> Peter
There is a lot more joy in my life that there is in the life of that poor
bartender whose property rights you insist on taking away. Any lack of joy
that either he or I have can be put directly on the shoulders of asses like
you.

From: Bill Graham on

"Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote in message
news:4b434c6d$2$19467$8f2e0ebb(a)news.shared-secrets.com...
> "Bill Graham" <weg9(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:Z-SdnSEez55VQd_WnZ2dnUVZ_vKdnZ2d(a)giganews.com...
>>
>> "Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote in message
>> news:4b42a3cb$0$19445$8f2e0ebb(a)news.shared-secrets.com...
>>> I doubt that any rational person thinks some reformation of our health
>>> care system is not needed. I think there is something radically wrong
>>> when a persons life savings can be wiped out if they get sick.
>>
>> weg9 says: I have to disagree with this. People do not live forever.
>> Medicine can not extend life indefinitely, but the longer they do, the
>> more it costs. Health care must be rationed. It is not capable of
>> providing an infinite number of organs for transplant purposes for
>> everyone. So there is nothing radically wrong with a persons life savings
>> being wiped out when they get sick. Depending on the sickness, it is easy
>> to see how a person's life savings could be wiped out, and there is
>> nothing either you, or Barak Obama, or the Mayo Clinic can do about it.
>> When my brother in law developed kidney failure at the age of 80, he
>> chose to just die, rather than be hooked up to a machine for the rest of
>> his life. This was a reasonable decision, since he knew that there were
>> no kidneys available for an 80 year old, and the machinery would cost a
>> fortune, and his quality of life would be very poor.
>
>
> Please note my use of the word "rational."
>
> --
> Peter
A rational person would see that it is impossible to keep someone from
spending all of his money to stay alive in the face of certain terminal
diseases. An irrational person would not admit that he is wrong, but will
cease on some extraneous word to comment on rather than addressing the
central point. You, sir, are the irrational one here. This discussion is
terminated.

From: George Kerby on



On 1/4/10 11:52 PM, in article
jNydnQNdDckwTt_WnZ2dnUVZ_tGdnZ2d(a)giganews.com, "Bill Graham"
<weg9(a)comcast.net> wrote:

>
> "George Kerby" <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:C767E67D.3B719%ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com...
>
>>>>> So people dying is a good thing.
>
> Some people dying is a good thing. I carry a gun for my own protection. this
> is very reasonable, because the police can't protect anyone from crime.
> Their job is to investigate crimes after the fact, and hunt down and
> apprehend the perpetrators of those crimes. If you want to PREVENT the
> crimes from occurring before the fact, then you have to protect yourself,
> and I want to do this, so I carry a gun to do it with. This is a very
> reasonable thing to do. I realize that the liberals can't understand this,
> so I don't expect you to understand it. I don't know why this is, but I know
> it to be true, because I have said it hundreds of times, and I haven't
> gotten any liberal to understand it to date, so if you can't understand it,
> don't feel bad......You are not alone. I know that it is a defect in the
> liberals ability to reason, because I know hundreds of conservatives and
> libertarians who understand it very well, and many of these are engineers
> and physicists and doctors and other very intelligent people, so I know that
> it is a very reasonable thing to understand. But when I try to explain it to
> liberals like you and Tony Cooper, their eyes glaze over and they go off
> into the mist mumbling about that carton of milk they have to pick up on
> their way home.......
>
Err-- Bill you really need to trim before you post.

1. I did not post the quote you are referencing above.
2. I do not have any know defects (I think)
3. I AM NOT A FRIGGIN LIBERAL!!!!

Good day...

From: Peter on
"Bill Graham" <weg9(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
news:krGdnW0QFYEKIt7WnZ2dnUVZ_gmdnZ2d(a)giganews.com...
>
> "Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote in message
> news:4b434c6d$1$19467$8f2e0ebb(a)news.shared-secrets.com...
>> "Bill Graham" <weg9(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>> news:maCdnUtNao6VVd_WnZ2dnUVZ_qidnZ2d(a)giganews.com...
>>>
>> <snipped>>>
>>>>> weg9 says: In either case, it is government making a profit
>>>>> unfairly, from those who have, simply because they have, and not from
>>>>> those who are using the goods or services of government. Look
>>>>> around.....find a rich person.....Steal his money from him.....Use it
>>>>> to go to the moon, or whatever we want to use it for.....It's free
>>>>> money.....He's got it, so we will take it.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> the sad thing is that you may actually believe that.
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Peter
>>> No. What's sad, is that my 74 years of living in this f***** up society
>>> have taught me of the truth of it. And your attitude further reinforces
>>> it in spades.....I am afraid that there is no hope for the future.....I
>>> am truly sad that I ever had any children....they are headed for
>>> slavery.....Either they, or their children. If I could go back and do it
>>> again, I would not have brought them into this world.
>>
>> I see no further point in continuing this. It's sad that you are so
>> bitter. There must be little joy in your life.
>>
>> --
>> Peter
> There is a lot more joy in my life that there is in the life of that poor
> bartender whose property rights you insist on taking away. Any lack of joy
> that either he or I have can be put directly on the shoulders of asses
> like you.


I ended this earlier, but can't resist pointing out that your constant name
calling clearly shows the shallowness of your argument.

--
Peter