From: Bill Graham on

"Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote in message
news:4b43cb90$0$19462$8f2e0ebb(a)news.shared-secrets.com...
> "Bill Graham" <weg9(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:krGdnW0QFYEKIt7WnZ2dnUVZ_gmdnZ2d(a)giganews.com...
>>
>> "Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote in message
>> news:4b434c6d$1$19467$8f2e0ebb(a)news.shared-secrets.com...
>>> "Bill Graham" <weg9(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> news:maCdnUtNao6VVd_WnZ2dnUVZ_qidnZ2d(a)giganews.com...
>>>>
>>> <snipped>>>
>>>>>> weg9 says: In either case, it is government making a profit
>>>>>> unfairly, from those who have, simply because they have, and not from
>>>>>> those who are using the goods or services of government. Look
>>>>>> around.....find a rich person.....Steal his money from him.....Use it
>>>>>> to go to the moon, or whatever we want to use it for.....It's free
>>>>>> money.....He's got it, so we will take it.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> the sad thing is that you may actually believe that.
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> Peter
>>>> No. What's sad, is that my 74 years of living in this f***** up society
>>>> have taught me of the truth of it. And your attitude further reinforces
>>>> it in spades.....I am afraid that there is no hope for the future.....I
>>>> am truly sad that I ever had any children....they are headed for
>>>> slavery.....Either they, or their children. If I could go back and do
>>>> it again, I would not have brought them into this world.
>>>
>>> I see no further point in continuing this. It's sad that you are so
>>> bitter. There must be little joy in your life.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Peter
>> There is a lot more joy in my life that there is in the life of that poor
>> bartender whose property rights you insist on taking away. Any lack of
>> joy that either he or I have can be put directly on the shoulders of
>> asses like you.
>
>
> I ended this earlier, but can't resist pointing out that your constant
> name calling clearly shows the shallowness of your argument.
>
> --
> Peter
My argument is only "shallow" to someone who didn't buy himself a bar and
operate it for his own enjoyment until some stupid liberals ruined it for
him.....That's the problem you refuse to address. It's easy for you to turn
your back on him......It's not your bar. You are not the one who worked and
slaved for years until he had the money to buy his own place, and then have
the dumb liberal government take it away from him. Why won't you address the
unfairness of that? Why do you continue to skirt the issue, and walk around
the periphery of the argument? Please get to the facts, and explain to the
people on this forum just why you are happy to take away that bartender's
property rights? there are plenty of places in Palo Alto, California for non
smokers to go. Why do you insist on going into the place where there is
cigarette smoke and then use that as an excuse to destroy someone else's
life? And, if you are unable to explain that, then why don't you have the
balls to admit that you are wrong?

From: Bill Graham on

"George Kerby" <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:C76922A7.3B7E8%ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com...
>
>
>
> On 1/4/10 11:52 PM, in article
> jNydnQNdDckwTt_WnZ2dnUVZ_tGdnZ2d(a)giganews.com, "Bill Graham"
> <weg9(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>
>> "George Kerby" <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:C767E67D.3B719%ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com...
>>
>>>>>> So people dying is a good thing.
>>
>> Some people dying is a good thing. I carry a gun for my own protection.
>> this
>> is very reasonable, because the police can't protect anyone from crime.
>> Their job is to investigate crimes after the fact, and hunt down and
>> apprehend the perpetrators of those crimes. If you want to PREVENT the
>> crimes from occurring before the fact, then you have to protect yourself,
>> and I want to do this, so I carry a gun to do it with. This is a very
>> reasonable thing to do. I realize that the liberals can't understand
>> this,
>> so I don't expect you to understand it. I don't know why this is, but I
>> know
>> it to be true, because I have said it hundreds of times, and I haven't
>> gotten any liberal to understand it to date, so if you can't understand
>> it,
>> don't feel bad......You are not alone. I know that it is a defect in the
>> liberals ability to reason, because I know hundreds of conservatives and
>> libertarians who understand it very well, and many of these are engineers
>> and physicists and doctors and other very intelligent people, so I know
>> that
>> it is a very reasonable thing to understand. But when I try to explain it
>> to
>> liberals like you and Tony Cooper, their eyes glaze over and they go off
>> into the mist mumbling about that carton of milk they have to pick up on
>> their way home.......
>>
> Err-- Bill you really need to trim before you post.
>
> 1. I did not post the quote you are referencing above.
> 2. I do not have any know defects (I think)
> 3. I AM NOT A FRIGGIN LIBERAL!!!!
>
> Good day...
>
Sorry.......I have trouble telling who's who........In my world, I am
completely surrounded by dumb liberals......When I am struggling to survive,
I sometimes lash out at the wrong ones......

From: HEMI-Powered on
Ray Fischer added these comments in the current discussion du jour
....


>>> Fascists hate liberalism.
>>
>>Deranged Liberals
>
> Fascists hate liberalism.
>
Strange thing is that liberals call conservatives or anyone else
they hate Fascists. Trouble with that is that consevatives don't
ruin people's lives by taking away their freedoms through big
government, big spending and big taxes. Far Left Loons like to brag
about the Bill of Rights until somebody criticizes them, then they
use vitriolic adjectives to describe them. For liberals, it seems
that freedom of speech only goes as far as agreement.


--
Jerry, aka HP

"Drill Here, Drill Now, Pay Less: A Handbook for Slashing Gas
Prices and Solving Our Energy Crisis" - Newt Gingrich
From: tony cooper on
On Tue, 5 Jan 2010 16:10:39 -0800, "Bill Graham" <weg9(a)comcast.net>
wrote:

>
>"Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote in message
>news:4b43cb90$0$19462$8f2e0ebb(a)news.shared-secrets.com...
>> "Bill Graham" <weg9(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>> news:krGdnW0QFYEKIt7WnZ2dnUVZ_gmdnZ2d(a)giganews.com...
>>>
>>> "Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote in message
>>> news:4b434c6d$1$19467$8f2e0ebb(a)news.shared-secrets.com...
>>>> "Bill Graham" <weg9(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>>>> news:maCdnUtNao6VVd_WnZ2dnUVZ_qidnZ2d(a)giganews.com...
>>>>>
>>>> <snipped>>>
>>>>>>> weg9 says: In either case, it is government making a profit
>>>>>>> unfairly, from those who have, simply because they have, and not from
>>>>>>> those who are using the goods or services of government. Look
>>>>>>> around.....find a rich person.....Steal his money from him.....Use it
>>>>>>> to go to the moon, or whatever we want to use it for.....It's free
>>>>>>> money.....He's got it, so we will take it.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> the sad thing is that you may actually believe that.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> Peter
>>>>> No. What's sad, is that my 74 years of living in this f***** up society
>>>>> have taught me of the truth of it. And your attitude further reinforces
>>>>> it in spades.....I am afraid that there is no hope for the future.....I
>>>>> am truly sad that I ever had any children....they are headed for
>>>>> slavery.....Either they, or their children. If I could go back and do
>>>>> it again, I would not have brought them into this world.
>>>>
>>>> I see no further point in continuing this. It's sad that you are so
>>>> bitter. There must be little joy in your life.
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Peter
>>> There is a lot more joy in my life that there is in the life of that poor
>>> bartender whose property rights you insist on taking away. Any lack of
>>> joy that either he or I have can be put directly on the shoulders of
>>> asses like you.
>>
>>
>> I ended this earlier, but can't resist pointing out that your constant
>> name calling clearly shows the shallowness of your argument.
>>
>> --
>> Peter
>My argument is only "shallow" to someone who didn't buy himself a bar and
>operate it for his own enjoyment until some stupid liberals ruined it for
>him.....That's the problem you refuse to address. It's easy for you to turn
>your back on him......It's not your bar. You are not the one who worked and
>slaved for years until he had the money to buy his own place, and then have
>the dumb liberal government take it away from him.

The man made the decision to open a bar fully cognizant of the fact
that he would be subject to the laws governing the operation of a bar.
There are myriad laws determining what he can and cannot do.

He can't serve minors. His opening an closing times are restricted by
the law. The law determines what type of entertainment he can offer.
The law deals with noise levels, food service, and even the type of
signs he can use to advertise his business.

He was also aware that new laws could be passed that would further
restrict him. He assumed the risk. There's no unfairness involved.

You claim that "liberals" are at fault here. However, every bar in
every city and state in the US is subject to laws that restrict what
the owner can and cannot do. If the bar owner wanted to increase
business by providing nude dancers as entertainment, it would be the
conservatives who would be slamming the lid down on him.


--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: Peter on
"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:s1m7k5pv6i1fmqh8tcglllo1svv2db1pn3(a)4ax.com...
> On Tue, 5 Jan 2010 16:10:39 -0800, "Bill Graham" <weg9(a)comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
>>"Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote in message
>>news:4b43cb90$0$19462$8f2e0ebb(a)news.shared-secrets.com...

>>>>> I see no further point in continuing this. It's sad that you are so
>>>>> bitter. There must be little joy in your life.
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> Peter
>>>> There is a lot more joy in my life that there is in the life of that
>>>> poor
>>>> bartender whose property rights you insist on taking away. Any lack of
>>>> joy that either he or I have can be put directly on the shoulders of
>>>> asses like you.
>>>
>>>
>>> I ended this earlier, but can't resist pointing out that your constant
>>> name calling clearly shows the shallowness of your argument.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Peter
>>My argument is only "shallow" to someone who didn't buy himself a bar and
>>operate it for his own enjoyment until some stupid liberals ruined it for
>>him.....That's the problem you refuse to address. It's easy for you to
>>turn
>>your back on him......It's not your bar. You are not the one who worked
>>and
>>slaved for years until he had the money to buy his own place, and then
>>have
>>the dumb liberal government take it away from him.
>
> The man made the decision to open a bar fully cognizant of the fact
> that he would be subject to the laws governing the operation of a bar.
> There are myriad laws determining what he can and cannot do.
>
> He can't serve minors. His opening an closing times are restricted by
> the law. The law determines what type of entertainment he can offer.
> The law deals with noise levels, food service, and even the type of
> signs he can use to advertise his business.
>
> He was also aware that new laws could be passed that would further
> restrict him. He assumed the risk. There's no unfairness involved.
>
> You claim that "liberals" are at fault here. However, every bar in
> every city and state in the US is subject to laws that restrict what
> the owner can and cannot do. If the bar owner wanted to increase
> business by providing nude dancers as entertainment, it would be the
> conservatives who would be slamming the lid down on him.
>

The man is a libertarian, not a conservative. He thrives by calling all who
disagree with his lack of logic, the equivalent of a stupid liberal.
I take that statement from him as a badge of honor. Although, in most
business matters I am considered somewhat conservative.

--
Peter