From: tony cooper on
On Sun, 16 May 2010 20:06:46 -0400, "Peter"
<peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:

>"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
>news:4211v5dkbcjh7r718ffsvs4r1ojftblhcd(a)4ax.com...
>
>>
>> I don't usually take photographs of bikers *on* bikes. The bikes
>> themselves don't interest me. My interest is more to the character
>> shots of the people.
>>
>> I do have one of a biker on a bike, though:
>>
>> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Photography/Bikers/08/483965460_PLik2-XL.jpg
>>
>> When you stand back to get the bike in the frame, you lose the detail
>> of the person.
>>
>
>You certainly caught his character, but you have to look hard. the biker
>looks a little too dark and the bright chrome of the bike a tad too bright.

One of the reasons I don't like photographing bikes is all that chrome
is hotspot hell. Chrome *is* bright.


--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: Neil Harrington on

"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:7441v59bmhsem05i1tt7of0uj6vpuhh2dq(a)4ax.com...
> On Sun, 16 May 2010 20:06:46 -0400, "Peter"
> <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:
>
>>"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>news:4211v5dkbcjh7r718ffsvs4r1ojftblhcd(a)4ax.com...
>>
>>>
>>> I don't usually take photographs of bikers *on* bikes. The bikes
>>> themselves don't interest me. My interest is more to the character
>>> shots of the people.
>>>
>>> I do have one of a biker on a bike, though:
>>>
>>> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Photography/Bikers/08/483965460_PLik2-XL.jpg
>>>
>>> When you stand back to get the bike in the frame, you lose the detail
>>> of the person.
>>>
>>
>>You certainly caught his character, but you have to look hard. the biker
>>looks a little too dark and the bright chrome of the bike a tad too
>>bright.
>
> One of the reasons I don't like photographing bikes is all that chrome
> is hotspot hell. Chrome *is* bright.

Bikers love the stuff though, at least the hog (Harley) enthusiasts. Way
back in my motorcycle days, a hog-owning friend of mine boasted he had
"everything chromed but the tires." It was only a slight exaggeration.


From: Chris H on
In message <QMCdnRPayNBfxGzWnZ2dnUVZ_u2dnZ2d(a)giganews.com>, Neil
Harrington <never(a)home.com> writes
>> A bigger and more important problem is that the more intelligent people
>> practice some form of birth control. Many of the less intelligent do not.
>
>Absolutely, that is the greater problem by far.

However most of the Gays do seem to be of higher intelligence.
Certainly in the computing world.

--
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
\/\/\/\/\ Chris Hills Staffs England /\/\/\/\/
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/



From: Chris H on
In message <t9idnbq22_iZ72zWnZ2dnUVZ_uKdnZ2d(a)giganews.com>, Neil
Harrington <never(a)home.com> writes
>
>"Chris H" <chris(a)phaedsys.org> wrote in message
>news:mnR$PdBhwV8LFAQl(a)phaedsys.demon.co.uk...
>> In message <QMCdnRPayNBfxGzWnZ2dnUVZ_u2dnZ2d(a)giganews.com>, Neil
>> Harrington <never(a)home.com> writes
>>>> A bigger and more important problem is that the more intelligent people
>>>> practice some form of birth control. Many of the less intelligent do
>>>> not.
>>>
>>>Absolutely, that is the greater problem by far.
>>
>> However most of the Gays do seem to be of higher intelligence.
>> Certainly in the computing world.
>
>To someone who feels an obligation to be politically correct in all
>thoughts, words and deeds, I'm not surprised it should seem so.

Never been politically correct. You should attend one of my
presentations on software (you certainly need to improve yours) .

I was thinking of Turing.

--
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
\/\/\/\/\ Chris Hills Staffs England /\/\/\/\/
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/



From: Neil Harrington on

"Chris H" <chris(a)phaedsys.org> wrote in message
news:010bbkC0cX8LFAyE(a)phaedsys.demon.co.uk...
> In message <t9idnbq22_iZ72zWnZ2dnUVZ_uKdnZ2d(a)giganews.com>, Neil
> Harrington <never(a)home.com> writes
>>
>>"Chris H" <chris(a)phaedsys.org> wrote in message
>>news:mnR$PdBhwV8LFAQl(a)phaedsys.demon.co.uk...
>>> In message <QMCdnRPayNBfxGzWnZ2dnUVZ_u2dnZ2d(a)giganews.com>, Neil
>>> Harrington <never(a)home.com> writes
>>>>> A bigger and more important problem is that the more intelligent
>>>>> people
>>>>> practice some form of birth control. Many of the less intelligent do
>>>>> not.
>>>>
>>>>Absolutely, that is the greater problem by far.
>>>
>>> However most of the Gays do seem to be of higher intelligence.
>>> Certainly in the computing world.
>>
>>To someone who feels an obligation to be politically correct in all
>>thoughts, words and deeds, I'm not surprised it should seem so.
>
> Never been politically correct. You should attend one of my
> presentations on software (you certainly need to improve yours) .

I'm content with what I'm using but I'm always open to constructive
suggestions. What do you think is wrong with my software and what do you
believe I should be using instead, and why?